Outreach and Service
- In May of 2014 Rev. Jen will lead our 18+ crowd on a Mission Exposure trip to the Ukraine, where our young adults will discover how the Presbyterian Church in Canada is at work serving and ministering in that part of the world. It is an exciting opportunity for us as we prepare for our first international mission.
- MPKids or Mission Possible Kids is geared toward the K-Grade 5 crowd. The purpose of this monthly evening is to help inspire our youngest children to care deeply, to serve generously, and to spark within them the courage, longing and determination to change the world for good! We meet once each month, usually on Fridays.
- Several times each year we celebrate and share with the people of Portland Place. Through Karaoke, BBQs, Christmas Parties, flower garden planting and more, we share in the lives of our inner city brothers and sisters.
- Twice each year we have the opportunity to prepare and serve dinner at Evangel Hall, providing dinner for 80-120 people. It is a wonderful time of blessing for all involved.
- Our Prayer Shawl ministry team provides prayer shawls for those who are ill, new babies, university students, confirmation participants, and more. It is a wonderful blessing for both those who create and those who receive these meaningful shawls.
- Each month we provide lunch and a speaker for Seniors who live in our community. We invite speakers to share insights on relevant health issues, particularly for seniors.
Parent and Tot
- Every Monday morning (with the exception of long weekends and summer) from 9:30am-11am we provide a time of drop-in play and community for Parents and their little ones in our neighbourhood. It is a friendly, open, caring environment in which friendships are nurtured.
- We share in many outreach ministries during the Advent and Christmas Season including:
- Mitten Tree: Each year we collect mittens, hats, and scarves for people living in Toronto
- Christmas Angels: We help new refugee families celebrate their first Christmas in Canada with warm clothes, food, and some special gifts.
- YSM Shoeboxes: Families load up shoeboxes filled with toys for innercity children living in Toronto.